September 2010, Vancouver BC
By: Ozzie Kipnes
When your party is over, people will talk. What do you want them to say?
One week after the event, 91% would say the entertainment was the most memorable part. Here are a few tips to keep the entertainment fresh and exciting at your next corporate event:
• Sophistication: Bring an air of distinction to your next corporate party with a live Jazz pianist for even just the first portion of your event.
• Tunes: Having a professional DJ service has many benefits such as the ability to play during the cocktail reception and then kick it up a notch when it’s time to dance. The right DJ will offer a variety of music and your guests will rave to you months later. Do you want to trust your event’s music to a ‘dude’ with an ipod?
• Fun: Audience participation can bring groups of all sizes together. Consider bringing in Dance Heads, which is taking Vancouver by storm. Imagine small groups lip syncing their favourite dance tunes while their heads and expressions are shows on a screen for all to see. A great way to energize and engage your guests!
• Spice: Consider a Latin Band and salsa dancers. Remember that all bands take breaks so, if your budget permits, hire a DJ to play in during these awkward lulls.
• No-limits: Corporate event entertainment is by no means limited to music. For added fun and diversity, think trendy…select a caricaturist, a temporary tattoo artist, a hypnotist, magician or comedian.
Whatever idea tickles your fancy for your next corporate event, Rule #1 is to hire a professional. You need to make sure your entertainment provider has the highest quality of service, and will meet all of your expectations.
Ozzie Kipnes – Co-owner
Hot Wax Mobile Music