If you’ve never called a DJ service to hire a DJ for your wedding or corporate event, it can be a daunting task. Asking questions is a good thing. Going with what your gut says is the best way to determine if you’re on the right track.
THE most common question is “How much do you charge?”
This is such a loaded question because pricing varies based on type of event, length of event, size of event, lighting, location of venue, etc. It’s tough to determine pricing by expecting a generic email response from any vendor.
Just a price is only one layer, and we all know that there are many layers to an event. The best way to determine pricing is by having a detailed conversation with the DJ service and perhaps a consultation. Consultations allow you to meet the DJ and/or the owner of the business, view the equipment and really talk about the logistics of your event and share your vision.
Important questions to ask when Hiring a Wedding DJ Service:
- Do you take requests?
- How much time do you need to set up?
- How early do you arrive for setup?
- Will you be charging me for setup and take down?
- Will you be the DJ for my event?
- Do you charge extra to Emcee my event?
- What equipment do you provide?
- Do you provide a written contract?
- Do you charge for travel?
- Can you provide music for the ceremony and the reception?
- How much do you charge for overtime?
- What type of equipment do you use, is it commercial grade?
- Do you have backup equipment on site?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Can we pick the music we want to hear and do not want to hear?
- Do you provide wireless microphones for toast or speeches?
- Do you arrange and execute the timeline at the event?
- What do you wear to my event?
- Do you provide lighting? Does it cost extra?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- What is the total price for the package?
- How much is the deposit?
- Do you take credit cards?
- How is final payment arranged?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Are there any additional fees I should be aware of?
- Do we need to provide dinner for the DJ?
- Do you require a table for set up? Do you bring your own table?
- When do you need to have our music list by?
- What happens if the DJ gets sick? Who’s the back up?