It is true what they say about the entertainment at any event, it is one of the key components to a great time. It is no secret that the market is saturated with DJs, so how do you hire the right DJ for your budget?
The process of narrowing it down:
Do NOT make price the deciding factor. Compile a list of DJs by asking friends for referrals, and ask for “preferred DJs: and opinions from your other event vendors. Then narrow your selection down to 3 professional DJ services. Look for a DJ Service that stands out from the rest.
Book you DJ at least 6 months in advance. How’s their website? was there a quick turn around time when responding to your inquiries?
The Majority of bookings are done over the phone. Should you wish to meet in person, this option should be available to you.
The Full Package:
The full package includes a professional DJ, high-quality equipment and lighting, and the right songs for your party. Did you know that only 60-70 songs are actually played? but if they are not the right songs for your group, then your celebration will not be memorable for the right reasons.
Get it in writing:
A professional DJ service will send you a service agreement. Make sure you discuss payment options and cancellation policies prior to signing.
Don’t just take their word for it:
Ask to see the DJ service’s references and then qualify them by calling.
Price is one thing; quality is another. All DJs are not created equally. Most good DJ services should be priced in the $700-$1200 range. Book the DJ service you can afford and NEVER EVER book the cheapest. Remember, with hiring a professional comes peace of mind.
5 key questions to ask:
* What type of sound system do they use? a professional service will invest in their equipment and not use a home sterio system, and backup equipment will not be required to sit in their car.
* Do they have a business license? would you feel comfortable giving someone $500-$1200 cash, 6-12 months in advance ?
* Do they carry liability insurance? makes sense
* Do they use VLA licensed music? MP3 files are condensed and compromise sound quality
* Are they members of the Better Business Bureau? consumers can rest assured that when they find a BBB member they are dealing with a company that is proud to make a public statement about high ethical standards.